Thursday, October 18, 2007

To Write Love On Her Arms


"To Write Love On Her Arms" is a group that's trying to help people quit cutting, and I thought the name was such a beautiful picture of hope. Cutting wasn't brought to mainstream attention until Princess Diana confessed to struggling with it in 1996. Now it's so common it's joked about constantly ("I wish my lawn were emo so it'd cut itself."). They're even releasing a comedy this weekend called "Wristcutters: A Love Story." The truth is that cutting is serious, and i think the more it is honestly discussed, the better. There is no reason to hurt yourself, no matter what your circumstances are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this; Its true that the world needs to know this. I love the picture as well. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

TWLOHA is an AMAZINGLY AWESOME movenment!
I am very overjoyed to say that I fully support this movement for what it has done and will become..
if it hasn't touched and made you accept and cherish life I just pray that it will.. Smile bc your alive..
^-^

~Christin~

Linden Street said...

Not thinking, i didn't post a comment calling me a "dumb ass" for not acknowledging that TWLOHA is about more than just cutting. They're absolutely right about TWLOHA, it is about more. It's just that, at that point in my life, it's message about cutting hit closer to home, so that was what impacted me. To any one who reads this, read up on TWOLHA. To the poster of that comment...I am a dumb ass. A dumber ass than you could possibly guess. But I hope you understand that this post was not meant to be a complete, comprehensive overview on everything TWLOHA. Thank you.