Friday, September 15, 2006

The Music That's Rockin' My World

Here is a taste of what I'm currently obsessed about in the music world.

Artist: Apocalyptica Song: Nothing Else Matters Why: Apocalyptica does instrumental covers of Metallica songs with cellos instead of electric guitars. Both rock and classical music fans look at me as if I'm crazy when I say this music is wonderful, but once they listen to it they are hooked. The music still has that intensity people love from Metallica, but with a richer, more haunting sound than almost anything you'll find in both genres today.

Artist: Jack Johnson Song: Banana Pancakes Why: Doesn't everyone get tired of every love song talking about the "wanting" stage but not the actual established relationship? Jack Johnson's acoustic music is as comfortable and intoxicating as a lazy Saturday morning. it makes me feel happy just listening to it.

Artist: Jekyll and Hyde Broadway Soundtrack Song: Confrontations
Why: The song is chilling. Jekyll and Hyde, who is really one person in a split personality, battle verbally over the possession of their soul(s.) When you listen to it, keep in mind that both characters are played by the same actor.

1 comment:

Violet said...

My jaw dropped when I heard of someone doing a cello cover of Metallica. Two of the greatest things have come together. That makes me happy :-)

- Liz