Monday, September 25, 2006

Music That's Rockin' My World

Artist: Iona Song: Today Why: This celtic alternitive rock band from the 80's and 90's has an infectious blend of traditional Irish ballads and and modern rock (did someone say celtic electric guitar?) The song Today is the sort of song I listen to when I'm sad. It instantly makes me feel energetic and inspired. I know that sounds incredibly corny, and Iona isn't by any means to be categorized with "positive pop," but this song just makes me want to fly.

Artist: Geoff Moore Song: Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music? Why: Just look at the title. Can I get an "amen?" I have been known to rant and preach about how Christians let secular artists make all the quality art now. This song is awesome. It has an incredible Southern rock sound and lyrics like: "I ain't knockin' the hymns, just gimmee a song that moves my feet. I ain't knockin' the hymns, just gimmee a song that has a beat. I don't want no funeral marches. I ain't dead yet!"

Halleluja!

No comments: