Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fashion Flash: Givenchy






















I went on the Givenchy website, www.givenchy.com, for the first time today. From what I had seen on "movie stars," I expected it to be more light and ethereal. Instead I found it generally dull and uninspired. The designers don't seem to take a real woman's body into consideration: if it makes a model's hips look huge, why should I wear it? Givency seems to be like many modern artists are: they worry so much about being cutting edge that they lose the humanity and the genuine inspiration. I did, though, like the four dresses pictured above. They are all gowns that, if I had the right ocassion (and enough money,) I would wear. I love the unique neckline on the red dress, and as for the others...let's just say when I was little I wanted to be a fairy.

No comments: