Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Knights, Ladies, and Dragon-Slaying




I am a romantic. Not in the Valentine's Day, rose petals and "oooh, a cute boy!" way. I love chivalry, heroes and the Middle Ages, fierce battles, brilliant painters, the Renaissance, damsels (who aren't in distress) and the courage to do whatever it takes to kill the dragon. I've been in a sort of giddy, "I want to kill a dragon and run off with a knight as we fight off the evil king and live in a secret castle underground" mood. I've been blasting my swashbuckling movie soundtracks, dancing to "Lusty Month of May" from Camelot and feeling more important than I should while The Fellowship of the Ring's battle music plays. In short, as my brother says, I've been "swashing some buckles." (And if you don't get that joke you need to read up on your Robin Hood, Treasure Island and Hero and the Crown.)

1 comment:

Violet said...

The Hero and the Crown rocks, but I personally liked The Blue Sword. Especially the part about the orange juice. Robin McKinley's humor is just... perfect.