Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Screwtape Letters


C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors. (Maybe my top favorite.) This book is incredible. It is about two demons, Screwtape and Wormwood, who correspond in letters about the tempting of humans. The book isn't meant so much to be a fantasy novel as a book on theology, a way of looking at our faith in a different way and questioning what we truly believe. You don't have to be a Christian to appreciate this book, nor do you have to be a whiz kid or a minister. It's simple, yet complex, and completely beautiful (as C.S. Lewis' work generally is.) I'm the kind of person who always sees how far I can go before I technically "sin. This book really convicted me. How would your behaviour change if you knew that Satan was luring you over with the little things?

No comments: