Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Music That's Rockin' My World


Country music has changed a lot over the years. This is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you come from (I like both until Brad Paisley starts singing "I Want to Check You For Ticks." That is officially the most disturbing song ever.) No matter where you stand, Nickel Creek is refreshing. It's more like folksy, bluegrass music then modern "Country-Southern-Rock." You can really pick up on country music's Celtic roots in their songs. I was introduced to Nickel Creek's music when a play I was in featured their music. It's taken me four years to buy a cd, and I've been playing it non-stop since. Some of my favorite songs? This Side, Spit On A Stranger, Robin and Marian, The Hand Song, Should've Known Better, and The Fox.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Go listen to "When in Rome," that's one of my favorites.

And I'm with you in the whole checking for ticks song... my sister played it for me and I was like "Wha...? He did not just say that did he..?"
My current country favorite is a song called "Trashy Women." Enough said.